Course and Information
The course and HQ is shown by the map shown right. This is the car park of Olveston Sports Club adjacent to the football pitch (BS32 4PF). Toilet facilities are available in the sports club.
Getting to and from start and finish
To reach the start, turn right out of the car park, travel along Haw lane, taking the first right onto the B4461.
To return to the HQ after finishing, continue in same direction to T junction then turn left in the direction of Tockington, then immediately branch right past The Swan Inn to road junction. Turn right then immediately left up Old Down Hill to HQ at top.
Getting a ride
Signing on begins around 6:00pm at the HQ. The entry fee depends on riders’ age and club status. Riders can be:-
- Severn RC riders – paid up members of the Severn RC – first or second claim
- £3 entry fee for Severn Road Club first and second claim members
- £2 for Juvenile and Junior first and second claim members.
- Note: You can apply to join the Severn RC as a first or second claim rider at the signing on desk or by sending an application form to the Secretary. (Go to ‘Membership’ tab from the home page of the SRC web site.).
- Guest riders – paid up members of other clubs with paid up 2014 CTT affiliation
- £4 entry fee for CTT Affiliated Guest Riders
- £2 for Juniors and Juveniles.
- CATI riders - riders who are not a member of a CTT affiliated club
- £4 entry fee for CATI riders
- £2 for Juniors and Juveniles
CATI (Come And Try It). CATI riders may only ride a total of 3 events before having to join a CTT Affiliated Club to continue to participate in the series. Under 18’s must provide a signed parental consent form.
Entry is ‘on the line’ and is open to riders aged 12 and over. (Under 12s may ride on the back of a tandem.) Riders under 18 must provide a signed parental consent form for the series. Note: A junior rider becomes a Senior in the year of his/her 19th Birthday.
Arthur Powell Competition
This competitions are open to first and second claim Severn and Guest riders. To qualify, riders must have completed at least 5 rides through the series.
The Arthur Powell Memorial Trophy is awarded to the most improved first or second claim Severn RC rider over ten events from 22nd May to 24th July. You get one point for finishing plus extra points given by:
- No improvement but within 30 seconds PB ………2 points
- Beat PB by up to 9 seconds ……………………….5 points
- Beat PB by 10 to 19 seconds ……………………...6 points
And so on.
The Brian Paul Memorial Cup and the Syd Marks Trophy are awarded to the rider (any age) and to the veteran rider (40+ on the day of the ride) with the fastest ride of the series. There are also a number of free rides for the 2019 competition available (described as “ticket to ride” prizes) to those in other age categories and in runners-up positions. The prizes are as follows:
1st Ticket to ride x9, Arthur Powell Trophy, Arthur Powell 2018 cap
2nd Ticket to ride x6
3rd Ticket to ride x3
Fastest Senior Rider
1st Ticket to ride x6, Brian Paul Memorial Cup,
2nd Ticket to Ride x4
3rd Ticket to Ride x2
1st Ticket to ride x4, Syd Marks Trophy
2nd Ticket to Ride x2
Fastest V50 1st Ticket to Ride x2
Fastest V60 1st Ticket to Ride x2
Fastest lady 1st Ticket to Ride x2
Fastest LV40 1st Ticket to Ride x2
Fastest LV50 1st Ticket to Ride x2
Fastest Severn Rider 1st Ticket to Ride x2, Severn RC Cap
Course & HQ Map